You have a calling to help people heal.
The Arnot Ogden Medical Center School of Nursing can prepare you to answer that call through our diploma program which has been training nurses since 1889. Our staff, who are RNs themselves, know the work of the nurse matters and are compassionate educators.
Throughout the program, students have the opportunity for direct patient interaction through clinical experience at Arnot Ogden Medical Center, which is coupled with in depth classroom training. After earning a diploma, our nursing students are ready to work, to sit for the Registered Nurse (RN) boards or go on to earn advanced degrees such as Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
Applying to the Program
For Students & Graduates
3-year Diploma Program
- Upon diploma completion, students are prepared to take RN boards
- Only diploma program in New York state
- First step to getting an advanced degree such as Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Full-Time study program with classes Monday through Friday
- No weekend or evening requirements
- Program can be completed in three academic years
- Terms begin in September and end in June
Small Instructor to Student Ratio
- Maximum of only 30 students per class
- Opportunity to connect personally with instructors
- Instructors are invested in the success of the students
- Many of the instructors are graduates of the program
About Our Instructors
Many of our instructors are graduates of the program. With the small class size, they enjoy having a chance to make personal connections with their students. All of the instructors are masters prepared.
Our nursing students benefit from hands on experience, small class sizes, a close knit group of instructors and our affordable program. We welcome traditional students, coming straight from high school, and non-traditional students, who might be making a career change. After completing the program, our students are ready to begin working.